What does AGB offer?
AGB Training offers affordable Light, Medium, Heavy, Heavy Combination and Multi Combination Vehicle Licensing. We offer this training through one-on-one driver training to ensure our students get the support and guidance they need from our Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructors. All of AGB’s Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructors are industry qualified and have years of industry experience to share with their students. AGB offers both Synchromesh and Non Synchromesh licensing for Heavy Rigid and Heavy Combination Vehicles.
- TLILIC2014 Licence to Drive Light Rigid Vehicle- 2019
- TLILIC2015 Licence to Drive Medium Rigid Vehicle – 2019
- TLILIC2016 Licence to Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle – 2019
- TLILIC3017 Licence to Drive Heavy Combination Vehicle – 2019
- TLILIC3018 Licence to Drive Multi Combination Vehicle – 2019
Truck Transmission Types (Gear Box)
When applying for a heavy vehicle licence, if you were tested in a vehicle fitted with a synchromesh transmission you will:
- have a synchromesh (B) condition placed on your licence, and
- only be permitted to drive a heavy vehicle with a synchromesh or an automatic transmission, and
- if you were a holder of a probationary driver licence with an automatic condition, the A condition will be removed and the synchromesh (B) condition will be applied to your licence.
If you already hold a Victorian, interstate or New Zealand heavy vehicle licence which does not have a B restriction, then a B restriction will not be imposed.
Removing Synchromesh Transmission Restriction
If you wish to drive non-synchromesh vehicles (commonly known as crash boxes, constant-mesh or ‘Road Ranger’ gears) and hold a driver licence with a ‘B’ condition, you will have to be re-tested in a vehicle fitted with that type of transmission.
If you get your automatic bus and truck driver licence while you hold a manual car driver licence, the synchromesh (‘B’) condition will apply immediately.
What does it involve?
All Licensing training is completed as a two (2) part process. You will first book in for your theory date, after successful completion of your theory test you will then book your practical date(s).
On enrolment, training begins with pre-training study material which needs to be read through and completed before your theory assessment booking.
Handbook available for purchase or to view via VicRoads website
On the day of the theory training and assessment, you will complete a theory test once you have successfully completed this assessment you will book your practical training and assessment date(s)
Your practical training includes; inspection, securing loads, getting to know the vehicle- the size including length width height and weight, working with gears, adapting to the road, reversing, turning road driving and more. After you have completed the training you will be undertake an on road driving assessment.
Once your Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructors has deemed you competent, you will then need to take the paperwork they provide you with to Vic Roads to have your licence processed for approximately $29.
What dates are available?
Truck licensing is available 7 days a week and commences at 8:30am sharp. Times may vary with Victorian Daylight Savings hours 7:00am sharp. Please call us on 1300 123 242 to speak to one of our friendly staff who can inform you of the next available.
How do I enrol?
If you would like to obtain a Heavy Vehicle Licence with AGB Training, please call us on 1300 123 242, or come and see us at 31 Barwon Terrace in South Geelong.
Please see AGB Training’s High Risk and Heavy Vehicle Training Licence Terms and Conditions.
How much does it cost?
Please view our please note there is an extra $100 fee per day for weekend bookings.
For all licensing:
$450 deposit is payable upon enrolment,
Full payment must be paid one (1) week prior to date of training.
3 business days to complete and return all paperwork, if paperwork is not complete and returned within set time booking date and deposit will be forfeited. Weekend Licensing and Re-test incurs additional fees.
|Vehicle Licensing – Training Delivered at 6 Curtis Street Belmont||Full Fee||Duration||Times|
|TLILIC2014 Licence to Drive Light Rigid Vehicle||$900||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC2015 Licence to Drive Medium Rigid Vehicle||$1000||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC2016 Licence to Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle (AUTOMATIC)||$1200||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC2016 Licence to Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle (Non – Synchro)||$1400||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC2016 Licence to Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle (Non – Synchro)||$1650||1 1/2 Days||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC3017 Licence to Drive Heavy Combination Vehicle (AUTOMATIC)||$1600||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC3017 Licence to Drive Heavy Combination Vehicle (Non-Synchro)||$1650||1 1/2 Days||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC3018 Licence to Drive Multi Combination Vehicle (AUTOMATIC)||$1900||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC3018 Licence to Drive Multi Combination Vehicle (Non-Synchro)||$1900||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Vehicle Licensing – Training Delivered in Warrnambool||Full Fee||Duration||Times|
|TLILIC2015 Licence to Drive Medium Rigid Vehicle (Limited dates per month)||$1000||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC2016 Licence to Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle (Synchro)||$1300||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|TLILIC2016 Licence to Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle (Non-Synchro) (Limited dates per month)||$1650||1 1/2 Days||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|$1400||1 Day||8:00am – 4:00pm|
For all residents in the Warrnambool / Portland, South West Region
– Theory is available for all Heavy Vehicle licences
– Practical may need to be completed in Geelong for some Heavy Vehicle Licences. For more information please call 1300 123 242
Theory assessments are conducted prior to practical training and assessment. You will be booked into practical training and assessment after successful completion of theory test.
Heavy vehicle training times may vary with Victorian Daylight Savings hours.
Licence Terms and Conditions
- All bookings require a deposit of $450, which is to be paid before a theory assessment date can be booked. The remaining balance is to be paid prior to the commencement of the theory assessment
- If a business is paying for the booking, full payment upfront is required to secure a theory assessment date.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure your licence permit isn’t currently suspended, disqualified, cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. If you have a licence sanction you are not eligible for a truck licence.
- Failure to arrive to your training on time may result in the forfeiting of payments made, please refer to your booking confirmation for start times. It is at the trainer’s discretion as to whether a student can proceed with the training if they fail to arrive on time.
- All required enrolment paperwork is due to be completed and returned by the date specified on your booking confirmation. If enrolment paperwork is returned later than 72 hours prior to the booking and cancellation or rebooking is required due to needing medical clearance from VicRoads a rebooking fee will apply.
- Over 72 business hours’ notice (3 business days) – student can cancel booking with a full refund minus $100 non-refundable booking fee or rebook for a later date once without any additional cost. Rescheduling your booking for a second time will incur a fee of $50.
- Under 72 business hours’ notice (3 business days) – student will forfeit all payments made. (with the exception of rescheduling truck licence theory assessment booking, this will incur a further fee of $65)
- Non-attendance on day of training – student will forfeit all payment made.
- All weekend licence bookings incur an additional fee of $100 per day and full payment upfront is required to secure a booking.
For all Vehicle Licensing please download fill in and hand in to training center the VicRoads Eligibility Declaration and License Application Form