What does AGB offer?
AGB Training offers affordable Light, Medium, Heavy, Heavy Combination and Multi Combination Vehicle Licensing. We offer this training through one-on-one driver training to ensure our students get the support and guidance they need from our Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructors. All of AGB’s Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructors are industry qualified and have years of industry experience to share with their students. AGB offers both Synchromesh and Non Synchromesh licensing for Heavy Rigid and Heavy Combination Vehicles.
- TLILIC2014 Licence to Drive Light Rigid Vehicle- 2018
- TLILIC2015 Licence to Drive Medium Rigid Vehicle – 2018
- TLILIC2016 Licence to Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle – 2018
- TLILIC3017 Licence to Drive Heavy Combination Vehicle – 2018
- TLILIC3018 Licence to Drive Multi Combination Vehicle – 2018
What does it involve?
The training begins with pre-training study material which needs to be read through and completed before the day of your training; this will be given to you on enrolment. On the day of the training, you will complete a theory test before practising offset and straight reverse techniques and on road driving. You will then be assessed for load restraints and complete an on road driving assessment. Once your Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructors has deemed you competent, you will then need to take the paperwork they provide you with to Vic Roads to have your licence processed for approximately $29.
What dates are available?
Truck licensing is available 7 days a week and commences at 8:30am sharp. Synchromesh Licences run over one day and Non Synchromesh Licences run over two days. Please call us on 1300 123 242 to speak to one of our friendly staff who can inform you of the next available.
How do I enrol?
If you would like to obtain a Heavy Vehicle Licence with AGB Training, please call us on 1300 123 242, or come and see us at 31 Barwon Terrace in South Geelong.
Please see AGB Training’s High Risk and Heavy Vehicle Training Licence Terms and Conditions
How much does it cost?
Please view our please note there is an extra $100 fee per day for weekend bookings.
Licence Terms and Conditions
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure your license permit isn’t currently suspended, disqualified, cancelled or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. If you have a licence sanction you are not eligible for a truck license.
- All bookings require a deposit of $450, which is to be paid before a date can be booked. The remaining balance is to be paid one week prior to the commencement of training.
- If a business is paying for the booking, then full payment upfront is required
- All weekend licence bookings incur an additional fee of $100 per day.
- Retest on weekends is $220 / additional training is $170 per hour.
- Bookings on weekends require a minimum of 4 hours training.
- Over 72 hours’ notice ( over 3 days)
- Students can cancel and a refund will be issued minus $100 non-refundable booking fee.
- Students can reschedule for an alternative date, without any additional cost. If rescheduling for a second time a $50 fee will apply.
- Under 72 hours’ notice (under 3 days)
- Students will forfeit all payments made, unless a medical certificate is provided or extreme circumstance arise as to why cancellation is required. For the above circumstances students may reschedule at no further cost, if cancellation is required a second time then a $50 fee applies. (Please note extreme circumstances are subject to manager’s discretion.)
- If a booking is cancelled and a new date is not booked in within one month of the cancellation date the full fee will be required to re-book a new date
- Non-attendance on day of training / falsifying medical details
- Payment will be forfeited and no refund will be given or allowed to re-book.
- If a student would like to arrange another date for training, full payment will be required again upfront.
- Withdrawing during training
- No option for a refund once training has commenced.
For all Vehicle Licensing please download fill in and hand in to training center the VicRoads Eligibility Declaration and License Application Form