AGB Training Courses offered to International Students
Introduction to the City of Greater Geelong in the State of Victoria
Geelong is uniquely located an hour’s drive from Melbourne’s city centre and just fifteen minutes from the Surf Coast and entrance to the scenic Great Ocean Road. It is the second-most populated city in Victoria and the largest non-capital city.
As one of Australia’s largest urban centres, Geelong is the perfect environment in which to study as it offers international students “the best of both worlds”, meaning:
- it is a regional atmosphere with some of Australia’s greatest surf beaches, picturesque parks, gardens, restaurants and plenty of shopping opportunities
- it has other advantages include affordable cost of living, a safe multicultural environment, with the ability to work up to 40 hours a fortnight, but please refer to your visa conditions. Easy access to Melbourne city and regional areas such as Ballarat, Warrnambool, Bendigo and Shepparton.
Places close to AGB Training Center
Geelong’s weather is very similar to Melbourne. During summer, December – February, temperatures can range from 15 – 40 degrees Celsius. In winter, June – August, temperatures can range from 8 – 15 degrees Celsius with temperatures at night as low as three degrees. For current weather information, visit Geelong Weather.
Geelong is approximately:
- one-hour’s drive or train ride from Melbourne, Victoria’s capital city
- one-hour’s drive or a two-hour train ride (connection required) from Ballarat – one of Australia’s largest inland cities and the third largest city in Victoria
- two and a half hour’s drive or train ride from Warrnambool – the largest city in the Great Ocean Road region, and Victoria’s largest coastal city outside Port Phillip Bay
- three hour’s drive or train ride (connection required) from Bendigo – Victoria’s fourth largest city, with natural bushland surrounding Bendigo. It has been referred to as “a city within a forest”.
- three and a half hour’s drive or train ride (connection required) from Shepparton – the rich agricultural landscape of the Greater Shepparton region is what has made the area renowned as Australia’s food bowl.
Download our AGB Training International Prospectus
Our FAQs for International Students might answer some more of your questions. However, if you have further questions about living and studying in Geelong, AGB Training and our training courses, please do not hesitate to contact us!
These nationally recognised qualifications help prepare students from a non-English speaking background to learn basic comprehension, reading and writing skills to grammar and syntax. Our courses aim to give international students the confidence to participate in further studies in English, interact with the community or enter the workforce. Students develop the skills of learning, speaking,…Read more
Our Outdoor Power Equipment Technology courses cover general management principles assisting in the development of skills and knowledge required for leadership and management roles within industry. International students will gain a strong foundation in automotive management skills or power equipment technology, providing a range of skills and techniques enabling effective business and employee management. 091633B…Read more
Australia has a fascinating business landscape and is subsequently a wonderful place to study business courses. International students will gain knowledge and insight into the Australian business landscape. Our training courses are nationally recognised and the skills you learn can be applied anywhere in the world. AGB Trainings’ Business Management courses impart project management skills,…Read more
If you’re interested in studying community services, AGB Training in Geelong has a variety of courses to choose from for international students. Courses in community services will put you on a pathway to a career in counselling, drug and alcohol services, aged care, mental health, working with youth and other professional support services. We use blended…Read more
Gain a Certificate or Diploma in Logistics with our training courses. Learn about supply chain, warehousing and management and get nationally recognised skills in the Transport, Logistics and Warehousing Industries. If you enjoy working as part of a team or would like to lead a team, AGB Training provide the opportunity to gain entry-level industry skills…Read more
If you have a passion for design or want to broaden your skills as a construction worker, AGB Trainings’ Civil Design courses are for you. Get a competitive edge by learning how to use computer software to generate designs for civil works. The skills you learn will open up exciting career opportunities in your industry or allow…Read more
Fee and Enrolment Information For all course fees please download our international fee schedule To enrol in one of our courses please download our enrolment form complete it and email to email@example.com AGB Training International Student Enrolment form 2017 FS040 V1 – International Pre Training Review FS051 V1 Letter of release application International Statement of VET…Read more
AGB Training works closely with select international education agents to make our training courses available to overseas students. AGB Training use the following approved education agents (AGB Training preferred International Education Agents) To find out more about becoming a partner, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively for people within please give us a call on 1300 123 242…Read more