AGB Group Pty Ltd Trading as AGB Training - RTO 21832 - CRICOS 03356C

Training Courses FAQs

 How do I know if I am eligible for Skills First Victorian Government Funding?

Please visit the Victorian Skills Gateway website for information about employer funding.

How long will the courses go for?

Below are estimates depending on your course level.

  • Certificate III = 3-6 months
  • Certificate IV =6-9 months
  • Diploma = 9-12 months
  • Advanced Diploma = up to 24 months

Please see our guide to Statement-of-Fees-Course-Duration-Funding for most up to date course durations. Please note that this is a guide only and is subject to change without notification.

How much does a course cost?

If you are eligible for Government funding you are required to pay a $500 administration fee plus any resources/test book fees.  If you are not eligible course costs vary.

For most up to date fees for both funded and non-funded please see our Statement of Fees and Course Duration Funding. Please note that this is a guide only and is subject to change without notification

 Do AGB Training courses include work placement?

Many AGB Training courses include some time working in the industry area of your course. This is called ‘work placement’ and it gives you the chance to learn new skills and apply the skills you have already learned as part of your course.

Your work placement will help you:

  • Gain insights into the kind of career you would like to have.
  • Make informed decisions about further training and study.
  • Become more employable.

If you do not complete mandatory work placement, you will automatically receive a Not Yet Complete or Withdrawn for those course units associated with placement.  Students not participating in work experience will not be eligible to receive a completed qualification and Statement of Attainment will be issued in its place.

Work placement is a great opportunity for you to experience the workplace and develop your employability skills.

Do I have to find my own practical placement?

Yes, it is the students responsibility to source work placement.  This enables the student to create their own industry relationships.

How many funded courses can I do in my lifetime?

An individual may commence two government-funded courses at any one level within your lifetime.  For most up to date information re Government funding please visit the Victorian Skills Gateway website

Online learning

AGB Training has a number of courses available online. Please email with your details and the areas of study you are interested in and we will contact you with online training options.

If I need to have certified documents who can certify them?

To have a document certified, an individual must take the original and a photocopy to an authorised person. The authorised person must write on every page of the copy document “I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original”, sign each statement and provide their designation, for example “Pharmacist”.

Authorised persons include:

  • a justice of the peace or a bail justice
  • a public notary
  • an Australian lawyer (within the meaning of the Legal Profession Act 2004)
  • a clerk to an Australian lawyer
  • the prothonotary or a deputy prothonotary of the Supreme Court, the registrar or
  • the deputy registrar of the County Court, the principal registrar of the Magistrates’ Court or the registrar or the deputy registrar of the Magistrates’ Court
  • the registrar of probates and the assistant registrar of probates
  • the associate to a judge of the Supreme Court or of the County Court
  • the secretary of a master of the Supreme Court or of the County Court
  • a person registered as a patent attorney under Chapter 20 of the Patents Act 1990 of the Commonwealth
  • a member of the police force
  • the sheriff or deputy sheriff
  • a member or a former member of either House of the Parliament of Victoria
  • a member or a former member of either House of the Parliament of the Commonwealth
  • a councillor of a municipality
  • a senior officer of a council as defined in the Local Government Act 1989
  • a registered medical practitioner within the meaning of the Medical Practice Act 1994
  • a registered dentist within the meaning of the Dental Practice Act 1999
  • a veterinary practitioner
  • a pharmacist
  • a principal in the (State) teaching service
  • the manager of a bank
  • a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or CPA or the
  • National Institute of Accountants
  • the secretary of a building society
  • a minister of religion authorised to celebrate marriages (not a civil celebrant)
  • a person employed under Part 3 of the Public Administration Act 2004 with a classification that is prescribed as a classification for statutory declarations, or who holds office in a statutory authority with such a classification
  • a fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives (Victoria).

Source: Victorian Department of Justice


Local Student FAQ

Where are you based and where do you service? We are based in Geelong and Melbourne, we offer courses in Geelong, Melbourne and Victoria-wide. We also warmly welcome International Students to enrol in our training courses. What sort of training courses are available for local students? We have a comprehensive range of training courses available…

Read more

International Student FAQ

Where is Geelong? Geelong is located in the Australian state of Victoria. It is an hour’s drive from Melbourne, Victoria’s capital city. It is also a 15-minute drive from Torquay, the Surf Coast and the beginning of the iconic Great Ocean Road. What is it like to live and study in Geelong? International students in…

Read more