This is a qualification for those engaged in driving operation job roles within the Transport and Logistics Industry.
It involves a defined range of skilled operations, usually within a range of broader related activities involving known routines, methods and procedures, with some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures and within known time constraints.
- Course Overview
- Entry Requirements
- Fees & Charges
- Programs / Units
- Full Time Study: 12 month duration
Work place delivery
x10 trainer visits per 12 months period
- Mode of Delivery: Workplace Based
At this level of study it is expected that you study for a minimum of 15 hours per week including
workplace withdrawal study and self-paced unsupervised research assignments/study per week.
Workplace based trainer delivery per month, x10 trainer visit per 12 months period.
- Location: Workplace
Methods of assessment may include:
- Written Questionnaire
- Observation, Third Party/Supervisors Report, Demonstration
- Projects/ Assignments
- Simulated Learning/Assessment Environments
- Other (including work placement)
There are no AQF Pre Requisites for this qualification.
A current Driver's Licence is required.
AGB Training requires the applicant to successfully complete
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Pre-Training Review
- Enrolment Application Form
|Fees & Charges||Skills First||Full Fee|
Skills First Funded Students
Upfront payment prior to commencement of first class.
Fee for Service Students
Deposit of 10% is required prior to commencement of course.
Fortnightly or monthly payments must be paid as per direct debit payment schedule.
Text Book Fee: Price on Application
18 units of competency (6 core units and 12 elective units)
- CoreTLIF1001Follow work health and safety procedures
- CoreTLIL1001Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures
- ElectiveTLIF2006Apply accident-emergency procedures
- CoreTLIF2010Apply fatigue management strategies
- ElectiveTLIG2007Work in a socially diverse environment
- CoreTLIH2001Interpret road maps and navigate pre-determined routes
- ElectiveTLIL2060Complete induction to the transport industry
- ElectiveTLIB2008Carry out inspection of trailers
- CoreTLID1001Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- ElectiveTLIA1001Secure cargo
- ElectiveTLIB0002Carry out vehicle inspection
- ElectiveTLID2004Load and unload goods/cargo
- ExtraTLIC1051Operate commercial vehicle
- ElectiveTLIF0001Apply chain of responsibility legislation, regulations and workplace procedures
- ElectiveTLIE0002Process workplace documentation
- ElectiveTLIE3004Prepare workplace documents
- CoreTLIE1005Carry out basic workplace calculations
- ExtraBSBCUS301Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- ExtraBSBWOR301Organise personal work priorities and development
- ExtraTLIG3002Lead a work team or group
- ElectiveTLIE3012Consolidate manifest documentation
- ExtraTLIA3015Complete receival/despatch documentation
- ExtraTLIE3002Estimate/calculate mass, area and quantify dimensions
- ElectiveTLILIC2001Licence to operate a Forklift Truck
- ElectiveTLILIC2015Licence to drive medium rigid vehicle
- ElectiveTLILIC2016Licence to drive heavy rigid vehicle
On successful completion students will have the knowledge and skills required for further training in TLI42016 Certificate IV in Logistics or other relevant qualifications.