This is a qualification for those engaged in driving operation job roles within the Transport and Logistics Industry.
It involves a defined range of skilled operations, usually within a range of broader related activities involving known routines, methods and procedures, with some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures and within known time constraints.
- Course Overview
- Entry Requirements
- Fees & Charges
- Programs / Units
- Full Time Study: Bi-Monthly contacts with trainer
- Mode of Delivery: Traineeship - Workplace Based
At this level of study it is expected that you study for a minimum of 5-15 hours per week. You are required to engage in self-study including, but not limited to homework, assessment tasks and individual research.
- Location: Workplace
Methods of assessment may include:
- Knowledge Evidence – questions and answers
- Direct demonstration and observation
- Role plays, case studies and presentations
There are no AQF Pre Requisites for this qualification.
A current Driver's Licence is required.
AGB Training requires the applicant to successfully complete
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Pre-Training Review
- Enrolment Application Form
Skills First Funded Students
Upfront payment prior to commencement of first class.
Fee for Service Students
Deposit of 10% is required prior to commencement of course.
Fortnightly or monthly payments must be paid as per direct debit payment schedule.
Text Book Fee: Price on Application
It is responsibility of students to purchase all text books prior to first class.
18 units of competency (6 core units and 12 elective units)
- CoreTLIF1001Follow work health and safety procedures
- CoreTLIL1001Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures
- ElectiveTLIF2006Apply accident-emergency procedures
- CoreTLIF2010Apply fatigue management strategies
- ElectiveTLIG2007Work in a socially diverse environment
- CoreTLIH2001Interpret road maps and navigate pre-determined routes
- ElectiveTLIL2060Complete induction to the transport industry
- ElectiveTLIA1001Secure cargo
- ElectiveTLIB2004Carry out vehicle inspection
- ElectiveTLID2004Load and unload goods/cargo
- ExtraTLIC1051Operate commercial vehicle
- ElectiveTLIB2008Carry out inspection of trailers
- CoreTLID1001Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- ElectiveTLIF0001Apply chain of responsibility legislation, regulations and workplace procedures
- ElectiveTLIE2008Process workplace documentation
- ElectiveTLIE3004Prepare workplace documents
- CoreTLIE1005Carry out basic workplace calculations
- ExtraBSBCUS301Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- ExtraBSBWOR301Organise personal work priorities and development
- ExtraTLIG3002Lead a work team or group
- ElectiveTLIE3012Consolidate manifest documentation
- ExtraTLIA3015Complete receival/despatch documentation
- ExtraTLIE3002Estimate/calculate mass, area and quantify dimensions
- ElectiveTLILIC2014Licence to drive light rigid vehicle
- ElectiveTLILIC2015Licence to drive medium rigid vehicle
- ElectiveTLILIC2016Licence to drive heavy rigid vehicle
- ElectiveTLILIC3017Licence to drive heavy combination vehicle
- ElectiveTLILIC3018Licence to drive multi-combination vehicle
On successful completion students will have the knowledge and skills required for further training in TLI42016 Certificate IV in Logistics or other relevant qualifications.