This qualification reflects the role of community service workers who design and deliver person-centred services to individuals and/or groups. Workers may provide support, advocacy or interventions to individual clients, groups or communities across a range of services.
At this level, workers may be autonomous with limited responsibility within established parameters and may be required to supervise and lead other workers in projects or teams. Work may take place in a range of community service, case work or case management contexts.
- Course Overview
- Entry Requirements
- Fees & Charges
- Programs / Units
- Course Duration: 39 weeks (excluding holidays)
52 weeks (including holidays)
- Full Time Study: • Classroom
• Structured Online Activities
• Readings, and
- Mode of Delivery: Classroom
At this level of study it is expected that you study for a minimum of 25 hours of study per week. You are required to attend class 1 day per week, 9:30am to 3:00pm, participate in structured online activities and self-study including but not limited to readings, research, assessment tasks and self-reflection.
- Location: Geelong
Methods of assessment may include:
- Written Questionnaire
- Observation, Third Party/Supervisors Report, Demonstration
- Projects/ Assignments
- Simulated Learning/Assessment Environments
There are no AQF Pre Requisites for this qualification.
AGB Training requires the applicant to successfully complete
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Pre-Training Review
- Enrolment Application Form
|Fees & Charges||Skills First||Full Fee|
Skills First Funded Students
Upfront payment prior to commencement of first class.
Fee for Service Students
Deposit of 10% is required prior to commencement of course.
Fortnightly or monthly payments must be paid as per direct debit payment schedule.
Text Book Fee
Text book are to be ordered by the student prior to commencement of class. Prices are set by and paid directly the publisher and are subject to change.
It is responsibility of students to purchase all text books prior to first class.
- Developing Communities for the Future 5th Edition 2017
- Susan Kenny & Phil Connors
- Published by Cengage
- ISBN: 9780170254717
- Purchase Online
- Working Safely In Community Services : A Handbook for Workplaces
- Published by WorkSafe VIC
- ISBN: PDF Document
- Treatment Approaches for Alcohol and Drug Dependence An Introductory Guide 2nd Edition
- Tracey J Javis, Jenny Tebbutt, Richard P Mattick and Fiona Shand
- Published by Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470090398
- Purchase Online
15 units of competency (7 core units and 8 elective units)
- CoreCHCDIV001Work with diverse people
- ElectiveCHCDIV002Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CoreCHCLEG001Work legally and ethically
- CoreCHCPRP001Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CoreCHCCOM002Use communication to build relationships
- ElectiveCHCCCS014Provide brief interventions
- ElectiveCHCCCS019Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- ElectiveCHCMHS001Work with people with mental health issues
- CoreCHCCCS004Assess co-existing needs
- CoreHLTWHS003Maintain work health and safety
- CoreCHCADV001Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- ElectiveCHCDFV001Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- ElectiveCHCSOH001Work with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- ElectiveCHCAOD001Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- ElectiveCHCVOL002Lead volunteer teams
On successful completion students will have the knowledge and skills required for further training in CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services or other relevant qualifications.