This qualification reflects the role of individuals who possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work and/or the work of a team. They may work as quality assurance managers, quality facilitators, quality and improvement consultants or service quality system support analysts.
- Course Overview
- Entry Requirements
- Fees & Charges
- Programs / Units
- Course Duration: 16 weeks (excluding holidays)
29 weeks (including holidays)
- Full Time Study: 15 hrs Classroom based
5 hrs Research/Assignments
5 hrs Self Study
- Mode of Delivery: Classroom
At this level of study it is expected that you study for a minimum of 25 hours of study per week (15 hours face to face classroom based study, two days attendance from 9:00am to 5:00pm and 10 hours self-paced study) including, but not limited to homework, assessment tasks and individual research.
- Location: Geelong
Methods of assessment may include:
- Knowledge Evidence – questions and answers
- Direct demonstration and observation
- Role plays, case studies and presentations
There are no AQF Pre Requisites for this qualification.
AGB Training requires the applicant to successfully complete
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Pre-Training Review
- Enrolment Application Form
|Fees & Charges||Full Fee|
Fee for Service Students
Deposit of 10% is required prior to commencement of course.
Fortnightly or monthly payments must be paid as per direct debit payment schedule.
Text Book Fee
Text book are to be ordered by the student prior to commencement of class. Prices are set by and paid directly the publisher and are subject to change.
It is responsibility of students to purchase all text books prior to first class.
- Auditing + Assurance: A Business Risk Approach, 3rd Edition
- Christine Jubb
- Published by Cengage
- ISBN: 9780170188524
- Purchase Online
8 units of competency (0 core units and 8 elective units)
- ElectiveBSBMGT516Facilitate continuous improvement
- ElectiveBSBSUS501Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- ElectiveBSBAUD501Initiate a quality audit
- ElectiveBSBAUD503Lead a quality audit
- ElectiveBSBAUD504Report on a quality audit
- CoreBSBAUD402Participate in a quality audit
- ElectiveBSBRSK501Manage risk
- ElectiveBSBCUS501Manage quality customer service
On successful completion students will have the knowledge and skills required for further training in BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or other relevant qualifications.