This qualification is suitable for those establishing a small business who use well developed skills and a broad knowledge base to solve a range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others, and have responsibility for the output of others.
- Course Overview
- Entry Requirements
- Fees & Charges
- Programs / Units
- Course Duration: 19 weeks (excluding holidays)
32 weeks (including holidays)
- Full Time Study: 15 hrs Classroom based
5 hrs Research/Assignments
5 hrs Self Study
- Mode of Delivery: Classroom
At this level of study it is expected that you study for a minimum of 25 hours of study per week (15 hours face to face classroom based study, two days attendance from 9:00am to 5:00pm and 10 hours self-paced study) including, but not limited to homework, assessment tasks and individual research.
- Location: Geelong
Methods of assessment may include:
- Knowledge Evidence – questions and answers
- Direct demonstration and observation
- Role plays, case studies and presentations
There are no AQF Pre Requisites for this qualification.
AGB Training requires the applicant to successfully complete
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Pre-Training Review
- Enrolment Application Form
|Fees & Charges||Full Fee|
Fee for Service Students
Deposit of 10% is required prior to commencement of course.
Fortnightly or monthly payments must be paid as per direct debit payment schedule.
Text Book Fee
Text book are to be ordered by the student prior to commencement of class. Prices are set by and paid directly the publisher and are subject to change.
It is responsibility of students to purchase all text books prior to first class.
- BUSN Introduction to Business 10th Edition
- Marcella Kelly, Chuck Williams
- Published by Cengage
- ISBN: 9781337407120
- Purchase Online
10 units of competency (4 core units and 6 elective units)
- CoreBSBSMB404Undertake small business planning
- CoreBSBSMB401Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- CoreBSBSMB403Market the small business
- ElectiveBSBCUS401Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- ElectiveBSBREL401Establish networks
- CoreBSBSMB402Plan small business finances
- ElectiveBSBSMB406Manage small business finances
- ElectiveBSBFIA402Report on financial activity
- ElectiveBSBSMB407Manage a small team
- ElectiveBSBSMB405Monitor and manage small business operations
On successful completion students will have the knowledge and skills required for further training in BSB50215 Diploma of Business or other relevant qualifications.