AGB Group Pty Ltd Trading as AGB Training - RTO 21832 - CRICOS 03356C
Set yourself apartAGB TrainingAGB TrainingAGB Training

The greatest gift is sharing knowledge

September 29, 2016

There is an old Chinese proverb, ‘Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime’. The same applies to Vocational Education and Training. The greatest thrill I used to get was when I passed on my knowledge in areas such as business and logistics. It never felt like a chore because I was so passionate about those industries. Needless to say, I am still very passionate about those industries today. I learned the hard way that there was a right way and a wrong way in passing on knowledge.

To improve my skill, I undertook the formal qualification, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. It had taught me how to:

• Plan and designing training programs to meet client needs
  • Deliver training programs to individuals or groups of people
  • Mentor people
  • Understand the process of how to assess individuals competency
  • Take into consideration peoples language, literacy and numeracy skills

The great thing about the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, is that it is a transferable skill towards many industries. This qualification is suited to both young and old with the right Industry experience. As a younger person, who was a problem solver and passionate about the logistics industry, I found it to be a great job, working as a trainer, delivering national qualifications and being paid well. It provided me with flexibility to work either full time or as a casual. On my journey, I was fortunate enough to engage with great companies and develop my own personal knowledge of how small to large organisations operated, which benefits my current role today.

If you ever considered working as a consultant this is a valuable qualification. I particularly enjoyed engaging with people from all walks of life.  As a former logistics manager, it enabled me to develop in-house training programs for new staff. As a Senior Executive today, it enables me to mentor Senior Staff. If you enjoy engaging with people and have a passion for a particular industry, why not combine them together and do this qualification? There is a course commencing on the 17th of October 2016. You never know what doors it may open, I never knew that one day it would lead me to owning a college.

Robert Dejanovic
CEO
AGB Training